Fitness is Such a DRAG: Pride Fundraiser
August 1, 2023
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Registration Link
Register Now ->
šxʷƛ̓ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵ Square (Vancouver Art Gallery North Plaza)
800 West Georgia Street,
Celebrate Vancouver Pride with a fitness fundraiser featuring performances by Canada’s Drag Race star Kendall Gender with Bibi SouPhresh, Tiffany Ann Co. & Venus! Take a few beginner-friendly cardio sessions, all in the name of charity. Register by donation with 100% of proceeds going to the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society.
WHAT IS GOING ON
Three 20-minute beginner-friendly fitness sessions:
- Pop Queen Cardio with Jared Byrne (dance fitness)
- Step fitness with Mark Wolf & Chad Walters-McNaughton (no step required)
- Mighty, a beat driven cardio and strength, with Dylan Archambault of CMMN GRND
Check out Vendor Village featuring booths from CBRC (free rapid take-home HIV tests), Herschel, Coast Capital, YMCA, CMMN GRND, myMomentum wellness, Vancouver Pride and Wize Tea!
And leave with a swag bag of goodies from myMomentum wellness app!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Must pre-register by donation with 100% of proceeds going to charity
- Located at the šxʷƛ̓ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵ Square (Vancouver Art Gallery – North Plaza)
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes – you will sweat!
- Sunglasses are recommended as you are facing the sun for the first part of the evening
ABOUT VANCOUVER ABORIGINAL FRIENDSHIP CENTRE SOCIETY
The mandate of the centre is to meet the needs of the urban Aboriginal People making a transition to the urban community. The centre provides programs in health and welfare, social services, human rights, culture, education, recreation and equality for all genders of Aboriginal People of all age groups.
We acknowledge that this event takes place on the Coast Salish territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Indigenous Nations.