In most instances, in order to work in Canada, you will need a work permit. There are a number of different permits such as  IEC, Temporary Foreign Worker Program,  Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), and a number of others for which you may be eligible. Find the most suitable one for you.

find out about work permits Get a work permit


Most travellers need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through a Canadian airport.

If you don’t have the correct documents, such as eTA or visa, you may be delayed or prevented from boarding your flight to Canada. Before you fly, find out what you need to visit Canada.

more info


The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should apply before you travel to Canada.

Your study permit is not a visa. It doesn’t let you enter Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).

More info